Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fascinating article on the hacker who stole HL2

I remember when this cyber attack became news on gaming sites. I thought for sure that Valve was just using this as a ploy to give them more time with the game and to get Vivendi off of their backs. Once it came out that the FBI was involved I realized that it wasn't a ploy and that someone really had stolen the code. Naturally we were really interested in seeing what Valve was up to. I confess dl'd a copy of the stolen code and played through what I could of the game. I know from my perspective, this led to an increased thirst for the game itself. What was playable showed that Valve had something really intriguing in the works for HL:2. The gaming public realized that it was going to be just as good or even better than the original Half Life. Fortunately, the game was a huge success. Im really happy about this naturally because I've always respected the work that Valve has done. It was great to work with them on Left 4 Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment