Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Some trailers I liked

I saw 2 really interesting trailers today that I wanted to post. One from a game called Dead Island took the approach that you rarely see in video games...an emotional appeal. Its really well done although for me the human characters are to close to the uncanny valley for me to really empathize with them. I keep noticing their slightly robotic movements and their dull eyes. Nevertheless I thought the trailer did a good job interesting me about the game...





The next trailer is a classic blockbuster trailer for the Crysis 2 game. Crytek makes big time shooters with bleeding edge tech. Their latest game takes place in a dystopian NYC. Sure its been done before but the Big Apple just looks so good ruined. I dont ever get tired of it. Having lived in Midtown, I recognized some of the iconic buildings around there. Grand Central Station gets completely destroyed and I used to walk past it nearly every day.

Link goes to Shacknews' video page for Crysis 2

No comments:

Post a Comment