Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yes I finally broke down....


While at Ohare airport, I paid for my first Iphone game. I think its the first trickle of an eventual torrent that may overwhelm my data plan and my bank account. Who am I kidding, xbox live arcade already does this ;)Which is why I was reluctant to use my phone for anything else than calls, email, and pics. However, bored out my mind with terrible images of Japan being shown on CNN relentlessly is a dangerous place to be. I glanced around looking for some one to engage with a friendly conversation witty, repartee or some other interaction. Who was I kidding, total strangers dont speak to each other anymore in the airport. I think most people would rather be skinned alive and fed to small crabs than have an awkward, stilted conversation about the weather. At this moment of weakness, in the gray airport lounge surrounded by other poor human beings resigned to a similar fate, I found myself drawn to that happy little red bird icon. "Im only 99 cents," he seemed to say. I think he winked at me and the next thing I know he was downloading to my desktop over the airports free wifi. I didnt even have bandwidth charges to help stop me! So I clicked and off we were. I didnt get far, the plane soon boarded but I must say its a great little time waster game. Its got everything that you need and loads of personality. The developers site is here - I wish them all the success that this little game can bring them! I have set it down for now but the little red bird might call to me again....he's sinister that way...

No comments:

Post a Comment